Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

This morning Brent and I got up to go to Wal-Mart at 4 Am. When we got to his car, I started to get in and realized that there was glass all over the seat! Someone had broken into his car during the night. It was so stupid because they took the radar detector and his work binder, and yet left his GPS and Ipod hookup sitting there! We were pretty mad about it, but figured that our number was up! We still ended up going to Wal-Mart at the crack of dawn and met my Dad there.

I have a couple thoughts about this whole "Black Friday" shopping deal. One, why on EARTH would you bring your four little children to Wal-Mart, with all these crazy folks at 4 Am? Two, If you are missing teeth have hair that hasn't been brushed/ washed/ cut in a year, you probably shouldn't be buying a Wii! And three, I hate cart crashes!

I have never really taken part in Black Friday, and will probably never go out that early again. After we were done, we came home, fell asleep and vegged for almost the entire day...and then decided to go to the mall for fun. When we got there, everyone looked exhausted and there were so many less people because it was the end of the day. I like that a lot better! Haha...

But all in all, putting aside the car break-in, we had fun being out in the crowds and having the "Black Friday" experience!

6 comments:

Kristi M. said...

When you visit for Thanksgiving, we will drag you out and have fun. We go every year to just a couple of places. Heidi and I went out this year. We always go to Fred Meyer here because ALL socks are 50% off. That is awesome. Every where that we went was really actually nice. We tend to stay away from Target, Shopko, etc. Last year Jeff and I hauled Gunnar with us to Walmart and Fred Meyer at 4am. At walmart I knew exactly what I wanted, got it and got out. It was really nice.

I am so sorry about the car thing. That REALLY sucks! Sometimes I wonder what bad people are after. Just whatever they can get quickly I guess. Still glad that you had a great day over all.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Hi, I'm Amy Winegardner (Arnold) , I'm Brent's cousin on his mom's side of the family. Just wanted to say congrats on your wedding! And you are a gorgeous couple. And my mom said you are as sweet as you look. My parents are Steven and Sharon Arnold, you probably don't remember since you've probably met alot of people, and no you've never met me! - congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh yeah, and that is aweful about the car! I'm so sorry!

Danielle said...

Hi, I'm Danielle Phillipp (Arnold), Steve and Sharon's kid, Brent's cousin, Amy's (comment above) sister. Ha, I feel like the book of mormon with that long intro. Anyway, I'm so excited for you and Brent! You are so beautiful and I love that picture of you guys. I hope everything goes well, I know it will! Sorry about the break-in. It's good that you still made a good day out of it! And lucky they didn't steal the GPS and Ipod! Thieves tend to be stupid sometimes I guess:)

Stacy said...

Hey Noelle! I am excited to find your blog! Please email me with your email address and I'll invite you to our blog! Stacy

thepapas02@gmail.com

Bugg's mama said...

Mrs. Noelle! You are a married woman! I was so super sad to have not been there on your special day. How was it? Where are the pictures? You need a new post, friend! Hope you are as happy as ever! I'm so happy to keep in touch via blogging!!!!